Good Educational Practices Followed
Each class is entrusted to one teacher who is freely accessible to all the students from the class for general guidance and for directing them to the specific Cell or programme relevant to him/her. In addition, the College provides an individual teacher guardian to each student. The students and parents will approach the teacher guardian regularly. This interaction helps the overall growth and development of students. The college faculty attempts to diagnose different types of learners viz; (1) Dependent learners who need direction, expertise and authority from the teacher. (2) Collaborative learners who interact with the teachers, collaborate and create a good learning environment and (3) Independent learners who need facilitation, expertise and delegation from the part of the teachers. The remedial and enrichment classes are also arranged based on these types of learners.
• Submission of Cell Plans: The Cell Coordinators, at the beginning of the academic year, submit a plan of the activities to be conducted by their respective cells. Accordingly a calendar of events for each month is prepared.
• Submission of Teaching Plans and Completion Report : The lecturers submit lecture plans year-wise and/or semester-wise giving due consideration to the syllabi, length of the chapters and number of teaching days available. At the end of the semester, a completion report is submitted.
• Morning Reflection: To invoke the blessings of the Almighty, each daybegins with a morning reflection/prayer over the public address system. The prayers are conducted by, both, faculty as well as students.
• Computer-Aided Education: All computers in the College are on LAN which makes it easier to transfer as well as access information. The students and staff are provided with free internet facilities to enhance knowledge in their respective subjects. The Centre for Research and Computer- Assisted Library also aids the teachers in their research and teaching activities.
• Modern Teaching Aids: The faculty makes use of OHP’s, LCD Projectors, films, etc. to make the learning process more interesting, vibrant and meaningful.
• Assessment of Teachers/Administrative Staff/Facilities by Students: In a prescribed form the students express their opinion of the faculty, office staff, library and other infrastructural facilities.