National Level Software Exhibition
S-capade is an annual software exhibition, pioneered by the Department of Computer Applications of our college, in 2013, to motivate and inspire students to develop software of high quality conforming to standards.
Aimed at promoting a culture of ethical and quality software development, S-capade has been taking strides to be one of its kind in Goa aimed at targeting the large student community. The quality computer education imparted across our institutions has produced graduates of high caliber. We aim at identifying these individuals so that they can engage in productive work in various enterprises. Our IT enterprises also need quality workforce and are in search of such talent. S-capade attempts to expose talented individuals to potential employers.
The prior two editions of S-capade were restricted to the students of our college. Since last year , S-capade has opened up to all students of computer science studies in Goa.
S-capade 5.0 will be held on 29thApril 2017 at the Rosary College Campus. We invite two student softwares developed in your college to be exhibited at this event. The rules and regulations governing the event, the programme schedule and other relevant information are attached herewith.
You are also kindly requested to confirm your participation by calling us at the following contact Nos. 0832-2736864/2701564, on or before 25thApril 2017.
09.00 am – 09.30 am Registration of Teams
09.30 am – 09.45 am Opening ceremony
09.45 am – 10.00 am Tea Break
10.00 am – 12.30 pm Exhibition
12.45 am – 01.00 pm Valedictory Function
- Participants should at the time of registration, present the following:
- Registration form duly filled in and signed by the principal of the respective institution
- College identity card
- Participants should be prepared to explain and demonstrate the highlights of their project in not more than 30 minutes (the presentation period may change subject number of teams participating)
- Participants should bring their own laptops with all necessary software development environment for the proper working of the project. Rosary College will not provide any support hardware/software
- All team members should be present at the time of presentation
- At the time of judging, participants will be required to:
- Demonstrate their projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the software as it relates to the project
- Explain the various aspects of the creation of the project
- Defend their choice of software for the project
- Answer judges’ questions about the project
- Judges decision is final
- User Interface design
- Software design architecture
- Conformance to Coding standards
- Utility value
- Overall performance