Good Educational Practices Followed
Each class is entrusted to one teacher who is freely accessible to all the students from the class for general guidance and for directing them to the specific Cell or programme relevant to him/her. In addition, the College provides an individual teacher guardian to each student. The students and parents will approach the teacher guardian regularly. This interaction helps the overall growth and development of students. The college faculty attempts to diagnose different types of learners viz; (1) Dependent learners who need direction, expertise and authority from the teacher. (2) Collaborative learners who interact with the teachers, collaborate and create a good learning environment and (3) Independent learners who need facilitation, expertise and delegation from the part of the teachers. The remedial and enrichment classes are also arranged based on these types of learners.
• ·Submission of Cell Plans: The Cell Coordinators, at the beginning of
the academic year, submit a plan of the activities to be conducted by their
respective cells. Accordingly a calendar of events for each month is
• Submission of Teaching Plans and Completion Report : The lecturers
submit lecture plans year-wise and/or semester-wise giving due
consideration to the syllabi, length of the chapters and number of teaching
days available. At the end of the semester, a completion report is submitted.
• Morning Reflection: To invoke the blessings of the Almighty, each day
begins with a morning reflection/prayer over the public address system.
The prayers are conducted by, both, faculty as well as students.
• Computer-Aided Education: All computers in the College are on LAN
which makes it easier to transfer as well as access information. The students
and staff are provided with free internet facilities to enhance knowledge in
their respective subjects. The Centre for Research and Computer- Assisted
Library also aids the teachers in their research and teaching activities.
• Modern Teaching Aids: The faculty makes use of OHP’s, LCD
Projectors, films, etc. to make the learning process more interesting, vibrant
• Assessment of Teachers/Administrative Staff/Facilities by Students:
In a prescribed form the students express their opinion of the faculty, office
staff, library and other infrastructural facilities.
• Departmental Meetings: The Heads of the Department regularly conduct
departmental meetings in order to monitor the functioning of the department.
• Time-Table In-charge: A lecturer is kept in-charge of the time-table for
each day of the week. The concerned lecturers monitor the daily time-
• Morning Rounds : To maintain discipline in the College, the Principal
and the lecturers take periodic rounds at the start of the day and also in
between lectures to prevent loitering of students in the corridors
• Leave Notes : Students have to justify their absence for any lecture with
a leave-note signed by the parent/guardian and counter-signed by the
• Checking of I.D.Cards : Students are permitted to enter the College
premises only on verification of the I.D. Card.
• Remedial Classes: For academically weaker students, remedial/tutorial
classes are conducted.
• Counseling Services: The services of a counselor are made available to
the staff and students once a week.
• Dress Code: The College tries to inculcate in the students modesty in the
dress. Vulgarity in dressing is not tolerated.
• Facilities on the Campus: For the benefit of the students, various
amenities are provided on the Campus – viz. parking lot, security services,
canteen facilities, PCO, pure drinking water, photo-copying, suggestion
• Goodwill Promotion: The College admitted several foreign students (chiefly
from Afghanistan) under the Indian Council for Cultural Relations Scheme.
• Cells: The College, through the various cells, provides ample opportunities
to the students to acquire additional skills and sensitize them to the needs
of the community. Several courses, demonstrations, talks, field-trips, etc.,
• Class Teacher/Mentor: Each class has a teacher in-charge/mentor who
closely monitors the attendance and performance of each student. The
teacher also assists the class during the inter-class competition. He/she
can be approached for personal as well as academic guidance.
• Career Guidance/Job Placement: Through the Career Guidance and
Placement Cell, the College organizes talks on career options available to
the students of different streams. Reputed organizations like Wipro,
Sutherland and Resurge conducted campus interviews.
• Co-curricular Activities: With a view to tap the hidden talents of the
students, they were motivated to participate in various competitions
organized by the College at the individual and inter-class level. In addition,
students are also encouraged to participate in inter-collegiate competitions,
seminars and workshops which help them to acquire general proficiency,
self-confidence and life skills.
• Calendar of Events: A monthly calendar of events is drawn up so that
the extra-curricular and academic activities can be organized in a more
systematic manner. It also serves as a reminder of the activities scheduled
for the month.
• Re-checking of Answer books: To keep a check and minimize errors in
the assessment process, ten percent of the answer books are compulsorily
re-checked by another lecturer and a report is submitted. In the event of
errors detected therein the examiner is required to re-check the entire set.
• Attendance: The record of the students’ attendance is closely monitored
by the subject teachers as well as the class teachers during every lecture.
A consolidated report is displayed at the end of every month on the Notice
Board and parents of students having less than 75% are informed.
• Value Education: Sensing the need to strengthen the values and moral
character of the students, Value Education classes are conducted every
Tuesday by an external faculty.
• Linkages: The College collaborates with several organizations to conduct
academic and cultural programs.
• Staff Fellowship: To foster a spirit of camaraderie and fellowship, get-
togethers, staff-picnic and prayer-services are organized.
• Special awards to students: To motivate students and encourage them
to excel, the College has instituted several awards.